Saturday, April 12, 2008
God says -
The past few weeks I was trying to find for air tickets to Fiji, Australia, Brunei, anywhere outside New Zealand, because I just wanted to get out of the country for a break. The traveling times were sometimes next week, or during my hols in June. But I've never managed to secure those cheap deals that were going round. I got so frustrated over that.
And then God spoke to me over this weekend and I got some revelation.
One thing I realised, I couldn't have traveled outside NZ next week anyway because my passport is still with the Immigration Dept sorting out the visa. D-uh. I hope my passport comes back to me soon though. It has been a while...hmm.
And the next one, God said that I shouldn't spend my money traveling this year. He told me to do something else with it - to invest it in building His Kingdom. Wisdom tells me that I should have sought God more in this matter rather than going my own way at the start. It would have saved me a lot of frustration. =) You have no idea how I've seen good deals to fly somewhere else, only to know they were gone the next time I checked. Man, some people are quick! God shut the doors so much with my travel plans, I am quite certain that He wants me to be around in Dunedin during my holidays. What for? I have no clue as yet. We'll find out eh. I love surprises!
So yea. Goodbye Australia and Fiji plans. I'll visit you when God allows me to.
I'm more excited at being able to help others to fulfill the call of God on their lives. It's a small sacrifice that I have to make. I was reminded today, if you're faithful in the little He's called you to do, He'll entrust you with bigger things to take care of. And THAT I look forward to.
This post was written at 10:34 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~