Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Romans 12:9-21 -

9-10Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.

11-13Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.

14-16Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down. Get along with each other; don't be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don't be the great somebody.

17-19Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you've got it in you, get along with everybody. Don't insist on getting even; that's not for you to do. "I'll do the judging," says God. "I'll take care of it."

20-21Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he's thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness. Don't let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes I prefer reading the Message version of the Bible because of its simplicity. I was reading this today and it just speaks to me as to how to live my life as God would want me to. Amazing stuff.

Although I've read the verse in Matt 6:33 about seeking first God's kingdom and His righteousness and everything else will be added to you, a million times and I do understand that it is true - that if you put God first in all things, you'll see how He will unfold everything in your life beautifully in His time. More often than not, I take this verse lightly. I lose sight of God.Everything else crashes. I don't understand why. I'm starting to fall apart. And then God creates that 'A-ha' moment in my life and shows Himself BIG again in my life and I run back into His open arms again. And I begin to see His blessings in my life once I put Him #1 in my life.

It's not an easy road. I must admit that I fail continually and God is always there to pick me up. As the song goes 'How many times have I broken Your heart; but still You forgive if only I ask?' God is so faithful in holding on to us. I can't thank Him enough for that.

I've recently had a lot of mindblowing moments; I just stand in awe of Him! I read last night in Isaiah 40:12 that God is able to measure the universe with the span of his hand! The universe! Humongous universe whose borders I can't comprehend! Can you imagine then how BIG God is?


This post was written at 1:22 PM

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All About Me
25 year old female. Doctor. Loves God. Passionate about worship, life and people. Currently in Hamilton.

Archives