Monday, June 02, 2008
sick -

Down with the flu and cough. Been through the differentials as to what it might be (yes I diagnose myself), and I conclude that its viral. As a doctor I'd advise such a patient to drink lots of water and rest lots. Funny how I the exact opposite of what I advise until it's a little too late and my symptoms get worse and I am forced to drink lots of water and have to rest in bed. So I'm resting today - but also writing up my case writeup which is due this Wednesday.
It's such a lovely day today, nice and sunny, instead of the dreary rain and cold forecasted. And I get to spend it at home. =S I wish I could be out shopping as there are lots of sales going on today, being the Queen's birthday. Oh well. I guess I have to pay the price for not taking care of this body that God has entrusted to me. It's a good thing I don't have anything scheduled in tomorrow, so it's like a 4 day weekend for me =)
Today I was reading 1 Kings 18 and the story just blew my mind away! I now I've read it so many times before but it hit me today. It's the story of Elijah praying for rain and challenged the Baal worshipers to pray to their god for rain. Long story short. Rain was coming and he told King Ahab be on his way as the rain clouds were coming. The thing is this. King Ahab went on his chariots, but Elijah went on foot and the bible says that God picked him up and Elijah ran ahead of King Ahab. After I read that chapter, I was like, wow! Did that really happen?!? I've seen cartoons and sci-fi movies where people run like the flash but in real life? That would be so cool! Like imagine the look on King Ahab's face when he saw that Elijah was already at his destination and he was just arriving. I just found that passage intriguing. =)
Anyway, I'm starting to sneeze lots again now. Grr. I don't like being sick.
This post was written at 4:17 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~