Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Keys and locks -

What a day! It all started when I locked myself out of my house. Silly me. It took me a split second to realise that I usually did not lock this particular door when I leave the house because I don't have the key for it. And then the door clicked shut. Trying not to freak out, I reassured myself that the medical centre should have a spare key, or if worse comes to worst, we'll get a locksmith! So I quickly walked to the medical centre to sort this out.
Cutting the long story short, they told me there was a spare key, so I was pleased. Upon reaching home, I realised that none of the keys opened that door. Trying to keep calm, I went to the main door and tried that one, and the keys don't open those either! Ok, now I'm starting to freak out, because I did not leave any windows open! I walked around the house and noticed that the window to the toilet had a small gap in it because I have left it half-locked for airing. I tried to stick my finger to flick it open, but my finger was too fat, then I tried using the keys but they were too short. Flustered, I walked back into the garage to find some things that are thin enough to make it through the hole and praise God, I found some garden tools! I used one of it to flick the window open and yay I got it! Then I wondered, how am I going to get myself to climb in?
.
.
.
Fighting the urge to find myself a chair and saving myself the embarrassment of asking for one from the neighbours, I told myself that I can do it! So using every ounce of upper body strength that I have, not that I have that much, I mustered the strength to pull myself up to the window and let myself in! I was pleased with my performance. =) That was the first time I've 'broken into' a house.
But I must say, praise God some windows can be flicked open like that.
And I hope I don't lock myself out like that again.
=O)
This post was written at 3:05 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~