Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Rural aka ulu -

I am in Winton (and for those of you who don't know where that is, it's in Southland, 20ish mins north of Invercargill) and it's a rural town. But it's not as ulu as I thought it was.

I am blessed with a nice house, 30 mins walk from the medical centre, which is warm (cos we turn the heat pump on most of the time) and our beds have electric blankets too (which I tend to turn on for a while before I tuck myself in bed!) Talk about being pampered with warmth during the cold winter! Oh! And we have broadband internet too and a tv, so I have my sources of entertainment when I'm bored. The kitchen is well equipped and some lovely people from before have left behind some goodies that we can eat! Surprisingly, I'm loving it down here. The staff at the medical centre are lovely and they make it a point that I get involved with a lot of what they do. Today I managed to take bloods successfully after not having done so for months! So that was a nice accomplishment. =)

This is only day 3 so far, and I've got about 30ish more days to go. It's going to be fun and exciting I'm sure. I'm already counting my blessings!

God is good. For those of you who haven't heard, I have got my electives sorted! It's confirmed that I'll be going to London-Singapore-Brunei for my elective. And I get to do my elective in KB hospital in Brunei, which means that I can stay at home and not commute to Bandar, cos that will be annoying. I know I won't get as much in KB but I get to be at home. =)

Now, to make sure I pass my final year exams. Uh-huh.


This post was written at 10:16 PM

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All About Me
25 year old female. Doctor. Loves God. Passionate about worship, life and people. Currently in Hamilton.

Archives