Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Today -
Today I removed stitches from someone's neck, took lots of tubes of blood from people, gave a 10 month bubs his MenzB immunisation, gave a lady her Depo injection, helped in a dressing of a leg wound, assisted in liquid nitrogen clinic, listened to some sad and difficult life stories, saw someone getting steroid injection to their elbow, did lots of diabetic checks...the list is endless. It's been good and I had lots of fun, doing lots of practical things. I checked the doctors' schedules and it looks like I might be able to get my hands on some stitchings over the next two days, being my last two days here in Winton. I cannot believe I've been here for 5 weeks now.
And I have a feeling I'm going to miss this place. A lot. D-oh.
This post was written at 8:38 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~