Friday, August 15, 2008

Proclaim it! -

I PASSED my rural GP attachment!

Yay!

Call me pessimistic, but I was ready to embrace the words "You have a conditional pass because you failed your MCQ". The MCQ exam on Wednesday was really hard! I was almost hyperventilating before seeing my course convenor earlier this morning for my results. In the midst of my prayer, I felt God say "I have not given you a spirit of fear, but one of power, love and a sound mind". Immediate peace fell upon me, and as much as I believed God has already given the pass, I was ready to embrace my results, no matter what the outcome.

I'm so stoked I passed! =)
God's awesome!!!

I think that's another 'kick-in-the-butt' moment where I really need to get myself together and start studying intensely for exams, which is only 11 weeks away now! (Hmm, I knew it was soon, but I didn't realise it was THAT soon! I really better start studying lots!) A start to many nights in the library perhaps?

I cannot express how marvelous God is - countless blessings in my life. I owe Him everything.

Recently I was intrigued by the passage of the fig tree in Luke 13:6-9. For a while, I was clueless as to what it meant. A man had a fig tree and he wanted to cut it down because it was not bearing fruits for him. He told his servant to cut it down, but his servant said to leave it alone for a year until he digs around it and fertilises it. If it bears fruit then that's good, if not it will be cut down (paraphrased). This passage was on my heart for a few days, and I talked about it with Kern on Wed and asked what he thought about it. 'Second chances' was his reply. It suddenly became crystal clear. God is a God of second chances; because if we read the earlier bit of Luke 13, God was calling for people to repent. Repentance. That was the theme in church on Sunday as well. I believe that it is time people stop going their own way (myself included) and look up to God. Funny things happening around the world remind me that the end times are drawing near.


This post was written at 5:56 PM

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All About Me
25 year old female. Doctor. Loves God. Passionate about worship, life and people. Currently in Hamilton.

Archives