Saturday, August 23, 2008

-

While in Winton, I did some baking for the lovely people in the medical centre and the ambo station, which explains the masterpiece above. =)

Also while in Winton, I wrote a song, which I completed a couple of weeks ago. It talks about my relationship with God which got a bit messed up when I was there because of loneliness and lack of support. Instead of drawing closer to Him during desperate times, I found myself drifting further apart from Him. Life got tough - BUT, God broke through to me. I related so much to the story of the prodigal son in the Bible.
God is awesome. He never lets us go, even if we try to let go.
So the song - ignore the cheesy-ness. It's a song between me and my Lover, so there!


Missing You
(c) Ruth Tay

Words unspoken
From a distance you speak
But I will not listen
My heart seemed to have grown cold
It's like you're not there for me anymore

How long, how long will this go on?

(And you asked me)
Don't you remember
The times when it was just the two of us
And we basked in the moment
Free from the cares of this world
I miss you
I miss us
Lets start all over

Alone in my room I cry
My world is falling apart
I'm so ashamed when I realised
What a foolish thing it was to let you out of my life

I can't take this loneliness no more
Oh no

Yes I remember
The times when it was just the two of us
And we basked in the moment
Free from the cares of this world
I miss you
I miss us
Lets start all over

(wee instrumental bit) :)

And now down by your feet I sit
Listening to the stories of old


This post was written at 8:53 PM

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All About Me
25 year old female. Doctor. Loves God. Passionate about worship, life and people. Currently in Hamilton.

Archives