Saturday, January 31, 2009
Sunburn -
Jared and Bibs arrived in Brunei yesterday and mom and I took them around. Starting the tour with a visit to Kg Ayer, as it wasn't raining and we grabbed the opportunity. It must have been the longest boat ride in Kg Ayer I've been in!

One of the stops in the forested part of Kg Ayer where we saw many proboscis monkeys. hehe... It was the first time I've seen them in real life! Interesting Borneo creatures. =P Jared saw a crocodile too, which I missed. We saw lots of bangaus..but then again, bangaus are everywhere in Brunei. haha.. (Bangau is the local word for a stork) I think we were on the boat for almost 2 hours in the midday sun..... and I didn't realise until I went out for coffee after that, that I had a sunburn!
My back
Red as a lobster, my skin was and still is! Ouch. It still hurts now as I'm writing this. haha. Good thing it's only around my shoulder area. I've never been so sunburnt like this in my life before. I think my skin has gotten used to the lack of sun in Dunedin! haha.
I'm loving it being back in Brunei. No more hustle and bustle of the city. I'm just planning to relax in the next month before I return to NZ for the rest of the year. (It will be winter again when I return to NZ. D-oh!!!)
Singapore has been great. I've been so blessed. God really works in ways we can't imagine!
This post was written at 10:14 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~