Friday, May 15, 2009

hello from down under -

Whoa. Been a while since my last post. This won't be a long one. Just to let you know that I am still alive :)

I am at the end of my third week in Invercargill. One more week and it's back to Dunedin. :) It's been a great time here, despite the long hours of rain we've been having - but having a place that's warm all the time (yay for heaters!), it definitely beats my cold room in Dunedin that I'll be returning to next weekend.

I have seen and assisted babies being born - and it confirms the fact that I am drawn towards paediatrics when I see the babies being taken away by the paediatricians for assessment and would rather join them than being stuck next to the bed to assist in the latter part of the C-section. Interestingly enough I am starting to get the hang of O+G. Never really been a topic that I understood for a while. Today I assisted in a gynae surgery and my arms still hurts from holding the retractors during the surgery. I think it might be sore for a while. :(

I'm oncall in the hospital this weekend, and I hope it's a quiet one :)


This post was written at 4:22 PM

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All About Me
25 year old female. Doctor. Loves God. Passionate about worship, life and people. Currently in Hamilton.

Archives