Sunday, June 28, 2009
Sunday -

"It is not cold, it is not cold, it is NOT cold!"
=P
Ok. So it is a cold, grey-skied Sunday today. That doesn't beat the awesome message we had today in church! :) I was challenged to die to my self, and follow God. To stop being an admirer and be a follower.
John 12:24 I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.
I was reading on the
i-Heart website on the responses that people have answered to the question 'How am I going to change the world?'. When I first read the question, I was like, how am
I going to change the world? The world containing 6 billion people (almost 7 billion from what I've googled! - that's a lot of people!). Some living in the best living conditions imaginable - a big house, clean water supply, food in abundance, warmth etc across the spectrum to others in struggling environments - in the midst of a war, famine, dirty, contaminated water where you wash your clothes, bathe, and drink from (and the thing is, they don't think that it's not a struggle to live like that, because that is how they have always lived their lives!). And maybe what people are struggling from is not in the physical form, rather emotional, like those trapped in family violence, abuse, neglect. The list goes on.
This ties in with some of the dreams and massive ideas that God has been stirring in my heart. It's all about what I can do as His servant to play a part in making a difference in this world. As small as it may be, because I obviously can't help everyone. And in response to i-Heart's question earlier, I would say 'Love others unconditionally'. There are so many people hurting from so many reasons in this world today, that really, all they need is someone who will care for them and love them for who they are. I know it sounds cheesy. All you need is love...(the song comes to mind :P) But when you read about who Jesus helped and extended His arm to when He was still on earth, and when you grasp the concept of looking at the world through His eyes, you can't help but go the extra mile for others who are in need. I don't really know how to explain it, but I know it is time that I stopped thinking so much about me, myself and I and open my eyes to see who I can show the love of God to and be His hands and feet.
I am excited! Are you?
This post was written at 1:29 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~