Sunday, June 07, 2009
update -

Mommy and me
Can't believe she's leaving next week :( It's been such a blessing having her here. We haven't been around much, but she has met a few new friends who have been such angels taking her for car trips and house hunting/exploring. :O)
I am taking a break from my job application paperworks. I find it hard to articulate words expressing why the hospital DHBs should choose me. It feels weird talking about myself in such form, almost to an exaggerated kinda way. Anyhoo. I shall let my brain have a rest for a while before finishing it up. I hope to get it done by tonight/tmr, so that I can take it to the Careers office for them to have a look and see if it can be any better (esp since this is the 2nd ever CV I've done in my life!) It's quite scary thinking of where I might be working next year as well! I was having a look at the map of the North Island earlier (and kinda laying my hand on Waikato and claiming that hospital, because that's where I want to work out of the 7 different hospitals I've applied for :-D ) and it's quite daunting to think about going to a new place, meeting new people, be in a new work environment - that initial period of unfamiliarity. I've got 6 mths to look forward to that! I trust that God will lead me as I embark on this new journey! :O)
At the same time, there is a lil' bit of me who feels like staying back in Dunedin. Church. Friends. The familiar places. The much-too-familiar-hospital. *hehe* Especially church I must say. I'm going to miss it heaps. Serving with them the past 5+ years has been such a blessing. But somehow deep down I know that it's time for me to go. It's been a great season being here and I'm going to enjoy the remaining time I have left here.
Thinking ahead - not too long til I return to Brunei now! Wowie! To think that it's been almost 7 years now that I've been away from Brunei. 7 years!!
Last week, our flat had the chance to spend some flattie time together (which is such a rare occasion!) and it was good! We even managed to take our first flat picture of the year on the 1/06/09! haha.. We started playing Balderdash which we didn't complete cos it was getting late at night and most of us couldn't come up with creative ideas anymore at that time of the night.
And I can't think of anymore to write now - random update post this is.

Flatties!
This post was written at 4:23 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~