Monday, September 14, 2009
Moro marathon -

Look at the clouds! Aren't they lovely! :)

We each had a large moro choc bar in our packs :)

Part of the team :)

Walking next to lovely waters :) It was such a beautiful day for the marathon

Swans?

I was SO happy to see the 1km sign! hahaha

Pretty dog!
Resting at the finish line.

Our one and only Mr Flash, who completed the half marathon run in 1hr 35mins in his flash costume :) And Mr Panda in the background, who walked the half marathon in 3h 50mins or sth like that. I can only imagine that he got so hot in that costume! Even the Flash had to take off his mask for most of the run because it was pretty hot that day.
So I completed my walk, 21.5km, in 3h 17mins or so. It was great to walk through the finish line, and I don't think I'll do it again unless I have some proper training (and most likely, the next time I do it, I'll probably run it instead). haha. It was nice to pass some people near the end as I rushed towards the finish line. And praise God for such awesome weather too! :D I've got some annoying tan lines now, which I need to even out with time. haha.
My legs were a bit sore after the marathon, but they are getting better now. The pain in a way reminded me of how thankful I am to have legs to walk on, because not everyone has the privilege of owning their own legs.
It's pretty windy in Dunedin today. Excellent warm weather though, I must add, which makes me happy :) A high of 23 degrees. I am pleased. The weather forecast says that it will not last, unfortunately. Oh well. Helps me to appreciate the few excellent weathers Dunedin has to offer. *smiles*
This post was written at 8:56 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~