Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Waiting no more -

...(part of my offer letter)...

So it is official (well I still am waiting for the hard copy of my letter to arrive and I'll sign the offer letter); but I have a job for next year. AND, I will be working at Waikato hospital, which is my first choice all along, as I have mentioned somewhere in one of my earlier posts :) God is good!

A little background to the situation. Due to the fact that I was going to be in Brisbane when the list of hospitals available for the 2nd match was due to be released, I called Waikato hospital beforehand and told them that I was interested in working with them, and the RMO said to just submit my CVs etc to them (I was thinking Waikato will still be in the list for the 2nd match - didn't know it was going to be filled up so fast!) and they will see what they can do. When the list came out a couple of weeks later, I ranked the hospitals, not really minding where I end up because I've never really thought of working in those hospitals before, and surrendered the whole situation to God. Last week, I checked my emails and there were two emails. First one was from ACE stating that I didn't get matched to any hospitals. The devastated feeling lasted only a couple of seconds when I quickly clicked on the next email (because I had to rush back to theatre for the next surgery) and saw that it was from Waikato hospital, offering me a position to start work in February! Of course I took the job! :D

So it all fell into place. I still find it amazing how God worked the situation out. How He gave me the wisdom to call Waikato hospital before I left for Brisbane and how He led the RMO to get me to send in my documents. And the fact that I was able to have 3 months off before starting work - so that I am able to go on the mission trip to Indonesia in Dec with the team from church! After praying for so many months, God has finally answered my prayers! All glory to Him!

Now I just have to sort out accommodation etc for next year. It will be an exciting new year. A whole new experience. No longer a student, but a working adult.

God is good!

And I am surviving on this surgical rotation. I actually am looking forward to going to work at 730am(or earlier) every working day (which is bizzare!), and I am enjoying all the various things I'm learning/seeing each day. Loving it! Loving being a s00n-to-be-doctor. :) 10.5 more weeks to go!


This post was written at 4:38 PM

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All About Me
25 year old female. Doctor. Loves God. Passionate about worship, life and people. Currently in Hamilton.

Archives